Monday, November 21, 2011

Fun Surprise from Frito-Lay!


A while ago (I don't even remember when!) I signed up for the 'Frito-Lay Fan Progam'. It's always fun to try new products and receive freebies in the mail. Check out what they sent me above!! ^^

Not much to say other than I've been a long-time Frito-Lays fan. I buy Lays Chips pretty much weekly. My husband eats them every day with his lunch. It makes me feel pretty good that they are only made with potatoes, oil and salt--so I don't mind as much when my son wants to eat them too I know exactly what he's eating. I don't buy Sun Chips very often, but I do love them. My husband loves the Harvest Cheddar, but I really love the French Onion. Oh, and the Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips, yum!!! These are amazing with salsa. I'm definitely looking forward to enjoying these with my family!

Here are some really fun facts about Frito-Lay:
  • Many of our chips are made with three simple ingredients: potatoes or corn, oil and salt. 
  • We use all-natural oils, such as corn and sunflower oils, so our chips have 0 grams trans fat. 
  • Most of our chips contain less salt than you think! A 1-oz serving of Lay’s® Classic potato chips has about the same amount of sodium as a slice of white bread. 
  • We offer a Lightly Salted line of chips -- available in Lay’s® potato chips and Fritos® corn chips, which contain 50 percent less sodium than their regular counterparts. All Lay’s® Classic potato chips, SunChips® multigrain snacks and Tostitos® tortilla chips are made with all natural ingredients, meaning they don’t contain any artificial flavors, artificial preservatives or MSG. 
  • Many varieties of Tostitos® tortilla chips contain 8 grams of whole grain corn per serving, and SunChips ® multigrain snacks have 18 grams of whole grain and 2 grams fiber per serving. 
  • Frito-Lay supports American farmers and buys the potatoes we use to make potato chips from 80+ farms across 27 states. 
  • We use technologies that create renewable energy, such as solar panels and biomass boilers, in some of our manufacturing plants. 
  •  Frito-Lay has the largest private, all-electric fleet of delivery trucks in the U.S. 
  • All Frito-Lay manufacturing plants are taking measures to divert at least 99 percent of waste from landfills. One way we’re doing this is by reusing our shipping cartons up to six times before recycling them, helping reduce cardboard waste.
Like Frito-Lay on Facebook • Follow them on Twitter

1 comments:

Blogger said...

You may be qualified for a new government sponsored solar rebate program.
Click here and find out if you are qualified now!

Post a Comment